BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When You're Up, You're Up!

Today was my first time to take Cadence and Brenlee to the library! I'm feeling so UP right now because the trip went so extremely well! They turned 7 months old yesterday, can sit better and have a bit longer attention span, so it was time! I was nervous about taking them just in case they got fussy and bothered the quiet atmosphere of a library! I found that our library has "Pat-a-cake Nursery Rhyme Time" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The issue is that if falls right during when the girls have been taking a nap- 10:30. 



Anyhow, today I chanced it. I'm so glad I did, too! There were about 10-15 other children there. Some came with Mom, some with Grandpa, some with a sitter. There were two babies younger than the twins there, too. Cadence's face just lit up to see all the babies crawling around the room. Brenlee was fascinated with all the grown-ups singing silly songs and clapping and bouncing other babies in their laps! It was not a struggle AT ALL! I took turns with Cadence and Brenlee in my lap and singing rhymes with them. Whichever baby I wasn't holding, was sitting beside me, leaning on my leg, so still getting the effect of bouncing, per se! Today Cadence's favorite rhyme was "Pat-A-Cake." She was intrigued that EVERYONE in the room was singing it and the excitement that exuberated throughout the room with the other older children sent chills down my spine! Brenlee's favorite was "The  Grand Old Duke of York." I was holding her during this one, so she got the full effect! We sang each song twice, so eventually, I'll be juggling one, then the other, every other song! Today I just rotated them by their cues. For those of you that don't know the words to "The Grand Old Duke of York," here they are:


The Grand Old Duke of York
He had ten thousand men
He marched them up to the top of the hill ( raise baby way up high)
And he marched them down again. (lower them back down)

And when they were up they were up (baby goes UP)
and when they were down they were down (baby comes down)
and when they were only half way up
They were neither up nor down

He marched them to the left (tilt them to the left)
He marched them to the right (tilt them to the right)
And then he marched them upside down (turn baby upside down)
Oh, what a silly sight. 

We sang "The Wheels on the Bus," "Humpty Dumpty," "The Washing Machine," "Uncle John," some song about a sandwich, too. We did two Read Alouds with Big Books about firetrucks and different types of transportation (even a pogo stick!). We sat in a make believe firetruck and saw fire fighter gear. All this happened over the course of 30 minutes! It was SOOO much fun and I'm looking forward to taking the girls back each week. Ah, then, as I put them into their carseats, I glanced in the rear view mirror and both had gone to sleep! Cha-ching, easy nap! As I brought them in the house to lay them down, the smell of the roast I put on this morning filled the air I was reminded of Jesus's sweet blessings. I'm so blessed and thankful that I get to share with the world my little blessings! Now, go, and have a great day yourself and LOVE YOU SOME BABIES!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's so awesome!! They are growing up! So glad everything went so well :) This post made me cry, btw! I just imagine those little girls sitting in the floor with you, smiling and having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete