BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 22, 2011

Another Step.....

We're taking another step closer to living green. We've been cloth diapering MOST of the time. We still have a cupboard full of sposies that family bought, so we will use those up. We've been using them when we go "out" and over night. Well, the time has come. I am having a lady make us some Upcyled wool/cashmere diaper covers for use at night. Wool is naturally antibacterial, breathable and absorbent. Upcycled just means that she makes them from old wool clothing that she finds at 2nd hand stores. I will have to lanolize them. Again, something I'm having to learn to do. It doesn't sound hard, at all. I won't have to buy any special detergent, since I'm already using Soap Nuts and that shouldn't harm the wool. The cool thing about wool, is that it's cool. No pun intended! And, it just needs to "air out" between uses, no need to wash after each wear! Told you it was cool! Anyhow, I'll let ya know how we like them, she's shipping them to me today! Here are the ones she made:

Upcycled Wool /Cashmere Soaker Cover Diaper Cover With Added Doubler Light Gray Fuschia Pink With  Flower Applique SMALL  Kidsgogreen
Upcycled Cashmere Soaker Cover Diaper Cover With Added Doubler  Violet/Pink With Owl Applique MEDIUM Kidsgogreen
Upcycled Wool Soaker Cover Diaper Cover With Added Doubler Oatmeal/Red  With Ladybug Applique  MEDIUM Kidsgogreen
Upcycled Cashmere Soaker Cover Diaper Cover With Added Doubler Sage Green With I Love Tree  Applique SMALL  Kidsgogreen

So very cute, I really need to buy me a sewing machine and just make these myself. Baby steps, baby steps, I keep reminding myself! Anyhow, I'm stoked and can't wait to get them it---and pray that the fit!!

Question for you: What steps are you taking to preserve our Mother Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment