BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 29, 2011

Half

Half-One of two equal parts.
Many things can be halved.  Consider the moon, isn't it mind boggling to see just half of it? Most of us have a "better half" and may be living a half dream kinda life. The half dollar is a collectible, now and most teachers frequently visit Half Priced Books. Druggies go to a Half Way House and some people offer halfhearted condolences. Is your glass half empty or half full?

In answering this age old question, I answer half full! If you'd have asked me this same question half a year ago, my answer might have been a bit different. Exactly half a year ago, Brenlee and Cadence were born. Since Brent and I married at 18, we had always talked about when and how many kids we wanted. We decided two was best. Jokingly, we always said, "If we can just have twins, it'll kill two birds with one stone!" God does take some things very literally, so watch out what you ask for.We said we'd start thinking about having a baby "when we got settled." I felt settled when we bought a house and both had good jobs. It took me half the time it did Brent to get used to the idea of "settling down." Well, our first pregnancy didn't work out. I miscarried before I hit 9 weeks pregnant. If I'd have had just ONE at a time, it'd be half the work...and I'm an overachiever by nature.....God knew best! Oh, and another thing that Brent and I have recently discussed is this: If we would have had one baby, we wouldn't have wanted anymore since both of us were stressed out about how to take care of screaming newborns. We'd have ended at 1 and that was NEVER in our plans! So here we are, half a year later. We have made it! The last 6 months have been quite a fog, I'm glad I've been taking pictures and keeping a journal-otherwise I guess it'd just all be lost!

At 6 Months, Brenlee Faith weighs 14 lbs 11 ounces and Cadence weighs 15 lbs 2 ounces. Brenlee is 27" long and Cadence is 27.2 inches. They both fall in the 80% for height, 50% for weight and 10th percentile for head circumference....sorry BECKS, they got my head! :-) Anyhow, they are both healthy little troopers and I  look forward to the next half of this year! Things are just now starting to get fun!! Keep in touch, our next appointment is November 3rd, later gators!

Question for you: Is your glass half empty or half full?

No comments:

Post a Comment