BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

About Me-By Cadence

So, my Momma told me I needed to write a blog about myself, so here goes: My full name is Cadence Grace. I'm an identical twin. I was born January 29, 2011 at 12:02pm. My sac of waters broke the night before and that's what prompted Momma to go to the hospital. Well, the bad thing is that Momma is a carrier of Strep B, which can be bad for unborn babies like I was. My water had probably been leaking for a few days, just as Momma suspected, but the doctors didn't think so. Anyhow, the bacteria probably got into my amniotic fluid and caused me to be a little sick when I was born. I had a high white blood cell count, which meant that there was an infection some where in my body. I had a little trouble breathing once they cut that umbilical cord, too. I didn't even get to say hi to my Momma or Daddy hardly, before the nurses took me to the NICU. The ladies in the NICU were very nice, but I missed being with Momma, Daddy and Brenlee. Momma always cried when she came to touch me...they wouldn't let her pick me up for a few days. Anyway, what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, so I know I'm one strong little girl. I got to come home after 5 days and be with my family. I was so good compared to Brenlee. I didn't cry or anything! After I saw how I was suppose to act, I started mimicking Brenlee and screamed, cried and carried on. I noticed that I got more attention, the more I cried, too. But, enough was enough and about 2 months ago, I decided I shouldn't cry as much. So, I don't. Just when I'm hungry, thirsty, tired, getting a diaper change, if someone is too loud, if you get in my face too close, if I don't like you....Oh, I forgot to mention that I still cry ALOT, but it's not as hard to calm me down now! Here is me when I'm tired and hungry:


 Momma, she has tricks that can distract me and keep me from getting all tuned up sometimes she does silly things like this:
She is crazy. Sometimes I think she really has lost her mind. She says she's just crazy about us and that she likes to see us smile, so she will do anything......and we are starting to learn that. We can almost get anything we want and we're not even 1/2 a year old YET! Check out the video down there to see how we tire Momma out.....she plays hard!
Hey, I'm also doing better now that I can get to a few places all by myself! I'm learning to crawl! Momma made me some knee protectors this morning out of a pair of socks and I think I'm diggin' them!
Here I am crawling and of course, Brenlee is in the video too, SHE'S EVERY WHERE I AM!
Did you like watching us? We're cute, huh?? Well, I'm suppose to be taking a nap--according to Momma, so I better go nite, nite. See everyone later, literally. We will see you people in West Texas in 2 weeks. We will be going to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house. If you want, you can come there to visit us for a little bit, but we're just going be chilling there and not really going into Lamesa or anywhere else......it's a long enough ride in the car getting there, so I know nobody is gonna get butt-hurt. (Oops, Momma did say NOT to say that, sorry.) Hasta la vista, for now, mis amigos!

Question for you:
Do you travel during the day or at night with infants, while going on a LOOONG drive?)

No comments:

Post a Comment