BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Month Old!

Everyone says that time flies. Well, almost everyone. School-aged kids, and I was one of them, seem to think that they are stuck in a time warp. I've now decided that it IS true-time not only flies, it leaves a sonic boom ringing in our ears. The girls are no a month old! They were born almost a month before their due date, so now we're starting to see what most newborns do on a daily basis. It's so much different! They actually suck a bottle, yeah, they eat without forgetting how to each and every time! We've had some really hard days and nights in the past month for sure. My dad, Connie and Nanny Fran came one weekend and they will vouch for me that twins are hard to handle-much different than caring for one! We've tried 3 different formulas and breast milk so far, trying to get their tummies settled. My milk never came in, so I lasted a week and a half attempting to breast feed. This was a HUGE disappointment for me :( I did enjoy the time I had bonding with Brenlee and Cadence while I nursed. After we figured out that it was a losing battle for me to nurse, we decided to try out Similac Advance--which we had already been supplimenting with. (Cadence was fed Similac Neosure in the NICU for her stay.) They seemed to be doing well on it, but then they wound up constipated. Like BIG TIME! We then were advised to start them on Enfamil GentleEase for gas and fussiness. Well, Brenlee had more fun blowing bubbles with it and Cadence choked on it like we were feeding her toilet water. So, this wouldn't work! We then went back to a Similac product, since we knew they'd like the taste. We are still using Similac Senstive--both girls seem to like it. Problem, they are still constipated! I feel like a Scientist when making their bottles now. A bit of extra water, a tad of gripe water, some prune juice added to the formula--we're trying to get the "just right" mixture to keep their tummies settled! Bruce, Brent's dad, has been here to help us with this hiccup. Oh, and speaking of hiccups; they get them far too often! It irritats them so bad, too! My good friend Nanechka showed us some tricks to try to get them to go away--many times they work, so we're thankful for that! Well, I hear someone starting to "whimper" in their swing...and I hear grunts. The grunts usually come from Brenlee, while Cadence has the sweet little whimpers...time for another feeding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment